Tuesday 8 January 2013

How to put on a three band ring


I have previously written about the russian inspired rings that I have been making (http://silverchestnut.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/russian-inspired-rings.html). It is not obvious as to the best way to put the rings on. When I made one for myself, sometimes the ring would go on smoothly, whereas other times it was tight and a bit uncomfortable. At first I couldn't understand why, but I have since worked out what I was doing wrong, so I decided to share this with you for all those you own or want to buy a 3 band ring.


Russian Inspired Ring

It's a lot simpler than it might appear. The main thing is to make sure that all three bands are aligned in the right direction. If you look at the photo below, you will see how all the bands go over and under each other in the same way. When this is done, push the three bands together. (It should look like the top photo.) The bands should then roll over each other as the ring is put onto the finger, making it easy to put on and and more comfortable.


All 3 bands aligned

If the bands are not in aligned, the bands will not roll over each other and therefore restrict movement of the bands. If you look at the photo below you will see how the far right band goes over and under in the opposite way to the others. This tends to make the ring feel a bit tighter when you are putting it on and it will not be quite as comfortable.

Bands not aligned

I hope that helps any of you who have been struggling with your three band rings and those of you who are thinking of buying one. I currently have some on sale in my Folksy shop if you fancy a look:
http://folksy.com/shops/SilverChestnut?shop_section=rings

No comments:

Post a Comment