Friday 10 August 2012

Jewellery Parties Part 1

Some of you may be asking what a jewellery party is so I thought I better start with a short explanation for you. It's a social get together where jewellery on display to touch, try on and buy. It's a good chance for friends to have a good catch up and also browse some lovely jewellery. There is a host who is the person who invites their friends and holds the party, normally at their house. Usually the host gets a little gift for hosting and a percentage of the takings. There is also a sales type person who is the person who brings the jewellery along and can answer any questions about it, etc. Depending on the business this person will be an employee (such as sales assistant) or, as in my case, is the person who makes the jewellery.

I enjoy doing jewellery parties because it's a chance for me to talk to customers about what I do and a chance for the customers to see and touch the jewellery, which is a lot easier than seeing a photograph on-line.

Last week I had a Silver Chestnut jewellery party for some friends at my house. It was a fairly quiet evening, but it was good to catch up with friends and I made a few sales too. This evening I'm having another one for some ex-colleagues (not that they're not friends too!). I'm looking forward to it and I'll let you know how it went on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment