Wednesday 8 August 2012

Polishing accident!

I thought I would show you one of the slightly more interesting things that happened this week as I was working on my jewellery. I have never seen or heard of it happening before so if  you have let me know.

I was making a ring and had come to polish it. At the moment I don't have the full polishing equipment I would eventually like to own, but I do have a hand held 'multi-tool' that you can add different bits to including a small polishing wheel (or pendant, which is the proper name for it). I was polishing the inside of the ring which I have done many times before on other rings. The ring slipped out of my hand and started spinning round the metal 'pole' that I attach multi-tool grips on to. This does occasionally happen as it moves very fast, but normally I just turn the tool off and take the ring off. This time I turned it off and somehow with the spinning and, I'm guessing, the heat, my polishing wheel has now been bent. :(

Luckily I do have a spare, so I could carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment